Thursday, May 7, 2015

Figure Thursdays: Natsume Yuujinchou

Hello again! 

I'd like you all to bear witness to the birth of "Figure Thursdays!" It's a bit tacky, I'll admit I'm a bit embarrassed saying it like that, but if you're anything like me, then unless you have a schedule to keep, things rarely get done ^^;  That being said, every other Thursday, so long as I'm in a position to do so, I'll be posting about a figure or perhaps collection of figures from my collection. Compared to other things in my collections, I don't actually have that many figures, since I only started collecting in this area a couple years ago and as you all know, figures are the farthest thing from cheap. That being said, I'd like to start off my first collection post with my favorite figure to date:

Ichiban Kuji Natsume Yuujinchou Tribute Gallery - Oshibana Gatari B Prize

























Yay for Natsume and Kogitsune (this kid really needs an actual name). And don't forget the tiny Nyanko sensei off in the bottom corner wearing his trademark smile.While it's definitely not the most impressive figure in existence, it is cute. The soft palette colors compliment the series' watercolor style and Natsume's got this super gentle expression going on, with the fox child practically glowing beside him. I can't help but smile every time I look at them *fuzzy feelings* 


Nice to note as well is the detailing on the Kimono. The design is is simple but the color gradient looks a lot better than my camera does it justice.

So now my question for everyone (at least all of you who like Natsume Yuujinchou) is: who is your favorite character? Even if it is one of those super obscure yokai that appear only once, I'm curious to know which characters are most loved and why. And as a special bonus, out of those who respond, I'll select one and do a quick sketch of that character for you ;) 

This one is a quickie I drew up for this blog post after gushing over how cute the fox child is. My art isn't all that great so I don't know if that's even an incentive, but I would be happy to hear what people think!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment