Thursday, May 21, 2015

Figure Thursdays: Haikyuu!

Hello and a good day to you all on this moderately windy Thursday afternoon!

I'll be leaving shortly to go set up registration at the TCC, but before that here is my promised figure post. And given my cosplay for today, I thought it fitting to display one of the figures I have of that character (ؑᵒᵕؑ̇ᵒ)◞✧

Kenma Kozume from Jamma's Banpresto Haikyuu!! DXF Figure Vol.2

























Kenma is one of my favorite characters from Haikyuu, and the DXF figure line does not disappoint. Though simple, it is true to the details of his character. The clothes have very natural creases, color is vivid and clean, and Kenma's expression is spot on.


My only real issue - and it isn't really an issue pertaining to the figure itself but the base - is that it's hexagonal shape and size makes it take up more space than I'd like. For one figure, perhaps it wouldn't be so noticeable, but I have six of the DXF series now and am expecting two more, so it's glaringly obvious to me every time I look in my display. The shape also makes the only possible positioning of the figures altogether to be a strange sort of staggered two lines. I could split them up, but it seems a waste to have characters from the same series occupy different display spaces.

Aside from this one, I have the Kenma karakore figure and the gashpon as part of my collection as well. Takara Tomy released some really nice Hinata and Kageyama figures, that I was seriously tempted to buy, it would be nice if they put out one for Kenma as well. I definitely wouldn't be able to ignore that ^^

Well, if I don't get ready to leave now, I'm going to be late, so this is where I'll say goodbye for now. Check back soon to see pics from the con and all the commissions and art I pick up this year d(ゝ∀・) 
If you're going to the pre-reg this evening and you see a glasses wearing Kenma, feel free to say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment